What is Contractors All Risk?Contractors All Risks (CAR) insurance is an insurance policy that provides coverage for property damage and third-party injury or damage claims, the two primary types of risks on construction projects.
- Material damage: Covers the insured against sudden and unforeseen physical loss or damage to the construction works from any cause other than those specifically excluded.
- Third Party Liability: Covers the insured against any sums which the insured shall become liable to pay as damages consequent upon; accidental bodily injury or illness to third parties.
Step 1: Request for quotation
Step 2: Fill proposal form
Step 3: Premium payment
Step 4: Provide RDB certificate for the company.
Step 5: Sign contract
We cover accidental loss of or damage to property belonging to third parties occurring in direct connection with the construction works and happening on or in the immediate vicinity of the site during the period of insurance.
Some of the cases not covered by the policy are:
- War, invasion, an act of a foreign enemy, hostilities
- Nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation, or radioactive contamination
- Willful act or willful negligence of the Insured or of his representatives
- Cessation of work whether total or partial
- Consequential loss of any kind or description whatsoever including penalties, losses due to delay, lack of performance, loss of contract
- Loss or damage due to faulty design
- Loss of or damage to vehicles licensed for general road use or waterborne vessels or aircraft
- Loss of or damage to files, drawings, accounts, bills, currency, stamps, deeds, evidence of debt, notes, securities, cheques
- Loss or damage discovered only at the time of taking an inventory
- Wear and tear, corrosion, oxidation, deterioration due to lack of use and normal atmospheric conditions.