What is Plate Glass Insurance?Plate Glass Insurance protects against loss of or damage to fixed plate glass caused by accident or misfortune of an accidental nature. We will cover large panes of glass used in commercial buildings, such as shop windows used for storefront displays. Who is this product for? The cover is suitable for corporates.
- Covers the breakage of plate glass
- It covers the cost of accidental breakage of insured glass by any reason, except those that are specifically excluded.
- It also provides protection for loss or damage to ornamental, embossed, lettered or stained plate or sheet glass
Step 1: Request for quotation
Step 2: Fill proposal form
Step 3: Premium payment
Step 4: Provide ID for individual and RDB certificate for the company
Step 5: Sign contract
Some of the cases not covered by the policy are:
- Cracked, scratched or imperfect glass plate
- Deductible excess which is stated in the schedule of the insurance policy
- Damage to plate glass caused by fire, explosions, heat, and gas
- Damage caused by natural calamities like earthquakes and storms
- Damage by war, strikes, nuclear explosions, terrorism and riots
- Breakage caused while repairing, removing or alteration in the landscaping.
- Loss or damage caused due to careless or negligence in placing the plate glass properly
- Breakage of the lettering while the main glass remains intact
- Silver letters, embossed or ornamental glass frames, unless these are specifically mentioned in the policy
- Damage to any plate glass which is different from the plain and ordinary plate glass of glazing quality
- Consequential loss of property, legal liability, or personal injury